What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cymbidium tigrinum

I often describe the tropical epiphytes as girl's blouse plants. Here's one that is about as tough as the epiphytes get. Easily grown in a commercial orchid compost and I do keep it frost free in the cellar under red/blue growlights in winter ( MrsG refuses to have my plants on the kitchen windowsill since my one and only Nepenthes hit the ceiling and started growing across it. That got the 'evil eye' so it is no more).
This one's not too shabby is it

17904091896_5751239da8_o.jpg

Quite alright, that. :D

I like how yellow your foliage is. I've mentioned to folks who wish to grow cyms (particularly the standards) that a light intensity resulting in such a leaf color is actually what one wants -- especially during their growing cycle. Most of said folks are quite shocked by that.

The leaves and pseudobulbs are quite yellow :bigthumpup:

The leaves and pseudobulbs are quite yellow :bigthumpup:

Beautiful plant beautifully photographed as always Fred! I need to get into the Cymbidium alliance. As far as the yellow leaves, I like to see that color on my Catasetum alliance plants as well. I figure if they're getting enough light they don't need all the extra chlorophyll that gives them a greener tint!

Back