What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Give the capensis an inch...

Well they haven't taken a mile yet, but they're getting there. To be honest I'm not even going to repot the ones on the lower left, they'll just take over the new pot. Let them crowd themselves out.
sotihqYl.jpg

Bonus: one of my oldest D. capensis:
AJ8hlkbl.jpg

Lol true! I have prob 20ish capensis waiting to grow them out a bit to make mini bogs to give out to a few classmates in my friends daughter's class when she does her project on a nepenthes and other CPs :D

Haha, yeah once those flower and seed you're gonna be overrun!

Yeah, that's how I got into this position in the first place! Photos were taken after I'd cleared off three flowering stalks, leaving the other species to flower and wondering if they can catch up.

2c45c120217a65ef0aec174579f719ab.jpg
good luck

Sent from my brain

Can capensis self pollinate? I have one that came up in a pot of pygmy sundews, and I'm kinda worried about being overrun when it reaches flowering age.

this is the reason I don't grow caps anymore.... Very cool plants, those.

Yea they are self fertile so rip it out..u can always give it its own pot to take over.

Back