What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nepenthes: a squat, red, lowland cross.

I was at a garden festival and saw a plant that was very interesting. Here are the facts that I know:

-It was a Nepenthes
-It had small squat shaped pitchers that were red in coloration
-I was told that it was something "new"
-It was a lowland cross
-It was imported

Any idea what Nep it might have been? Is there anything, like the above, that might grow well indoors?

Last edited:
Could be nepenthes lady luck

Corky,
That is very close to what I saw! From what I remember, the pitchers on the plant were even more squat than Lady Luck!
Either way, Lady Luck is now on my 'want' list. Thank you for telling me about it!

Could be ladyluck or some kind of Amp cross..hard to be sure without a photo.. I have a N. Lady luck pic on my photo thread in the general section on here and u can compare it to s if that's what u saw

I don't think I'll ever know exactly what it was, but now I'm all interested in fat lil red pitchers! There are several great ones out there. :D

I would guess a nepenthes 'Viking' cross. They are squatter than Lady Luck, red, and lowland.

Back