What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ping growing UP and not OUT

My Ping.Jaumavensis seems to be growing UP and not out or spreading.
What are your thoughts on this plant?
Too much light? Not enough light? Too much or too little water?
I'm using high output T5 lights

jaumavensis1_zpsgafxcxhj.jpg

Thoughts?

What do you mean its not spreading?!?! The reason its growing up is because of all the little plantlets at the base that are growing and pushing up the main plant

What do you mean its not spreading?!?! The reason its growing up is because of all the little plantlets at the base that are growing and pushing up the main plant

Is that OK? Is that something I need to worry about, or just let it do it's thing?
Is this common on small pings? Or any pings in general?
THANK YOU!

The plant won't spread outward from this growth pattern without being physically separated and potted out. It will simply continue growing on top of itself in an ever-expanding sphere. The species/hybrids that divide like this will grow like this often enough, and you can leave them as is, or you can separate the rosettes once they're grown out far enough and pot them all neatly in the soil.

Bonjour

in dormancy or not ? the leaves seem to me succulent .

what temperature ?

these plant are OK , nevertheless think to divide.

jeff

Bonjour

in dormancy or not ? the leaves seem to me succulent .
what temperature ?
these plant are OK , nevertheless think to divide.
jeff

YES, I've had these on the dry side. I just started keeping wet again.
Temp is 75'F or about 24'C
Will thinking about dividing this weeking, they are much smaller than the photo of course!

THANK YOU (merci beaucoup)

Bonjour

yes,P.jaumavensis is a little plant .

in a pot or a bowl you can put 3-6 plant according to the place

all my mexican ping are still in dormancy ( around 12°c), in may I started the watering and mid may I put all outdoor .

Those are definitely carnivorous leaves, Jeff. You can see the stickies on the upper side.

Back