What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flower stalk on plant in outdoor bog

I know the standard answer is to clip the flowers to keep from exhausting the plant, but since I am growing them in close to there natural habit should I leave the flowers and let nature take her course?

Marjorie

People just want there plants to be Bold and Beatiful, so they cut the blooms off, that is the only reason i find that the bloom should be cut off, i always let my plants bloom, and not once have i had a flower death victim, and since it is a natural process i do not see why people are so afraid of letting there cp bloom, only under one condition i would not recommend letting your cp bloom and that is if your are cutting the growing requirements really close, so to say, your typical vft needs about 6 ^ hours of light to be nice and showie, but instead you give it 5 hours, then i would not recommend flowerign
wow.gif

But back to your question, i would higly recommend just to let your vft goo! lt it have some children! i find it quite fun growing them from wee little plants
smile.gif

hope i gave a little insight

Back