What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

steroroids

• Thread starter Dav
  • Start date
  • Tags
    grow
i was wondering if i could feed bitey (i named my plant bitey) some plant steroroids when he's healthy to see if he'd grow bigger...i was thinking of mixing some in his water (just a very little bit at first) then gradually giving him more to see if theres any change....has anyone tried this or knows if its a good idea?

steroids???

where are you gonna get it?
i wanted 'roids for myself but i couldnt find it anywhere.
i only found some in one of those ointments for serious skin rashes.  and even those have about .1% of roids cuz it can burn your skin.

i think if you guve your plants will die if you give it roids.
thats just me tho

Can I ask why you wanted "roids" for yourself?
smile.gif
Are you a body builder?

To be quite honest I don't think anybody will be able to answer that question all I can say is try it if you don't mind risking your plant. I'm not sure which form steroids comes in but I would highly recomend watering it down to miniscule amounts.
wink.gif

Asthma inhalers have a type of steroid in them. Not that I personally would, but you could give your plant a far-away spritz from one, then spray it like mad with water. It's strong enough for a human to feel the change, I'm gonna guess that it's going to burn the plant.

As a former asthmatic
wink.gif
I recommend the blue or white container, they're the weakest dose. Yellow is the strong stuff.

How about Superthrive (ST) instead? That's meant for plants, and many people get excellent results.

yeah...thats what i meant...roids for plants...like a growth booster or something like that...

The best things that you can give to your plant are:

1) good light
2) keep moist
3) dormancy
4) the right type of water

I am in the process of trying different things with different plants. But it will be sometime before I will say what and what the sucess is with them.

You can feed the plant bugs ( live only ). No more than 3-4 a month (if it doesn't catch any on its own ).

Venus Flytraps are somewhat weak plants ( IMO ) and can't take things like other plants ( and even CP's ) can take.

You are better off just giving it what it needs and not offering things that it can't have
smile.gif

i wanted 'roids at one point because i wanted to be a wrestler and be at tough enough at mtv.

yes, i know it sounds really dumb.
confused.gif

My step-bro got a card from the main man of WWF to go join! Dunno why he didn't tho
sad.gif

I thought all types of growth 'stimulators' affect the plant maybe killing it. I heard only Superthrive works.

Back