What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Terrarium

• Thread starter homerdude
  • Start date
  • Tags
    terrarium
H

homerdude

Hello all newbie here just wondered what you thought would be good for a terrarium. I was thinkin maybe a goodsized fish bowl that would house two plants to begin with adn then maybe get more. What else would i need i live in a fairly humid area (Iowa) and so i don't think i will have to worry about that. i know you guys (and gals) should help thanx in advance. o yeah i saw the one in the FAQ but i don't want to put all that money in for a terrarium

If your objective is to grow VFTs, there is no need for a terrarium. Simply put the potted plant(s) in a shallow tray with an inch of pure (distilled or RO) water and planty of light. That is all you need to do.

If you really want a terrarium, get an old aquarium. It can even leak because you can put a shallow tray in the bottom to hold a bit of water.

Back