What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will an aquariam work for my VFT?

T

Tower

I just received my fly traps. Thy ae beautiful. Still open with no leaves bad at all. I would like to put them in an aquariam. Will that work? Does anyone know of a better way to plant them? It gets to hot and to cold here in Southern Missouri to put them outside so I want to keep them inside and be able to grow them in a terrariam type atmoshere. Thanks for looking and I hope you can help.

Hey Tower,

First off WELCOME !!
smile.gif

If you keep the VFT's in a terrarium, the only problem is air flow. These plants need to have air circulation. So if you keep them in there...open the lid ( not all the way. ) just so that new air can replace the old. Stagnant air will produce mold.

The plants can take temperaures into the mid 90's so heat isn't that much of a problem. You want to make sure that the plant gets good lighting as well.

If you use a terrarium, use a cool white light. You can also use a growlux, if you can find them.
Either or. Just make sure that they light stays on for 12-14 hours a day!

Good luck with your plants. Keep us informed on how they do!
smile.gif

Back