What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Still Need HELP!!!

• Thread starter starrbinkey
  • Start date
S

starrbinkey

This is for who ever & for Cephalotus88 Istill need help however . Ididn't use any sand or peat for that matter. I used city water. right now it's getting alot of sun light.It's turning black around the leaves.I watter it by a plant squrt bottle.PLease I need alot of HELP right now.  
smile.gif
 :}
sad.gif

Ok, slow down, you sounded like a mother on 911 that just had a baby hit by a truck. Lay out what all is going on for us ok. And lets see if we can move this topic over to the Venus Fly Trap forum so it can benefit everyone as we talk about it, this spot is sorta hidden for people with similar problems. I'll be happy to help though.

oh man..that suxz. Anyways, here is how u might be able to save em.

Take it out immediatly from the soil. Spray roots with distilled or boiled or rain water until all soil is gone. Wrap the roots and base of plant with moist paper towel. Let it set in a humid place as u run to hte local plant store to buy SHAGNUM PEAT MOSS and HORTICULTURAL SAND. get home, mix the rite amount of sand and peat (enough for pot) about 50-50 ratio is good. Make sure the soil is moist. Repot. good luck. If you lose the plant, dont get discouraged. i probaly killed about 15 flytraps before! If you want, email me and ill try to get you a beginner cp (like a cape sundew or Drosera alicea.)

Starrbinkey,

Ceph88 has got a given you the best advice you will ever get when it comes to CPs:

"dont get discouraged"

His 15 VFT deaths are noting compaired to the number of VFTs I offed and I still can't quit get the hang of them (I'm hoping to change that this year though
smile.gif
) If you are feeling really morbid go to the General Discussion section and check out the thread on all the plants people have killed.

Anyways, the point of all this is, sometimes plants die. It happens to the best of us. If you fail here then consider it a learning experience, you will have learned what not to do and next time you will have the leg up.

Pyro

Like Ceph88 said use only distilled water that you can buy at the grocery store. You can buy soil at this site that has the correct kind of moss in it. I find it safer to use perlite instead of sand. You can still use the 50/50 mix though.

Flint - This IS the Venus Flytrap Board:)

It is now ya, it was moved here by a moderator, cause like I sid it was in the wrong spot.

Back