What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. coccinea 'scarlet splash'

• Thread starter Andenes
  • Start date
I'm looking for this partilcular coccinea but I can't seem to find it.
confused.gif
I'm open to any PM. thanx
biggrin.gif

I'm guessing no one knows where or how to find one? Auh
sad.gif
Well, on with my search.
confused.gif

The fellow that registered it sometimes has cuttings posted on Ebay.

Tony

But he wants $50 for each! That's a little pricy for a coccinea, even if it is variegated.

Mike
smile.gif

It's true
mad.gif
It's a bit out of hand for someone to offer a cutting for $50!!!
confused.gif
That's just playing cruel! A raja doesn't costs 50 bucks! lol

...but it is much rarer than a rajah. How many people on this forum grow rajah? I would bet that none grow the variegated coccinea.
There is also a variegated alata that I have seen at the LACPS meeting. It is a very slow grower that needs lots of light. Maybe this is the case with the variegated coccinea.

Is it more rare then a N. Hamata or a baby villosa
biggrin.gif

Yes, it's more rare than those.
Look at the amp color forms that are available now. Yes, they are all amps and three are red amps, but a new Cantley's is around $75, a tricolor is $130 or so, and a Williams is double that.
Look at Sarracenia when a new flower color is found. The leaves may look identical, but or that month it flowers, boy oh boy, I gotta have one of dem!
Everyone has different opinions on what they like and so0me may think 'Scarlet Splash' is a "must have" and some do not care for any hybrids and not even remotely be interested.

Joe

The mother plant to Steve Hinkson's Scarlet Splash came from Tropiflora, here in Florida. Sad to say, but it died sometime this past year. The only remaining plants belong to Steve, and anyone who bought from him on ebay.

Oz

Back