What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi i've been lurking around these forums for the last few weeks, and have learned so much about these wonderful plants from all your posts. At the moment I have 2 vft's, 3 kinds of drosera capensis, 2 drosera spatulas, a primaflora butterwort, and some kind of pitcher plant(bought at a local nursery)...Well my sundews(capensis) are all getting ready to flower very soon, the stalk is probably about 4-5" long, I was wondering if I should just let these grow or cut em. I read in the vft forum how if you let it flower it'll slow the growth down..just curious if the same applies to the sundews..thanks

Sundews don't tend to be as set back by flowering as VFTs do so I say let them flower
smile.gif
Make sure you collect the seeds too.

"...Sundews don't tend to be as set back by flowering..."

except Drosera regia

I'm eagerly awaiting for mine to reach full flower. The flowers are quite pretty, so why not go for it?
biggrin.gif

capensis.jpg

Back