What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yeah its alive!

So i finally got one of my D.anglica seeds to germinate. I must thank purplesundew for giveing them to me. So i was just wondering should i leave the whole pot in the plastic its in and wait untill the plant is tall enough that it must be removed, or should i remove it now? I was just wondering, i dont want this little guy(only about 1/8in big right now) to die on me now.

Thanks
Ktulu

Ktulu,
I usually follow Tamlin's advise and wait until they have 4 or 5 true leaves before I re-pot them (Tamlin, correct me if I'm wrong).

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (schloaty @ Mar. 20 2003,1:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ktulu,
   I usually follow Tamlin's advise and wait until they have 4 or 5 true leaves before I re-pot them (Tamlin, correct me if I'm wrong).[/QUOTE]<span id='postcolor'>
Schloaty,

I believe they're in the pot already, he's just asking about taking the plastic off to give them a little more air. I'd say to open the bag a little each day to let it get used to the difference in humidity, they shouldn't really be left in there until they're pushing out of the bag, sounds like it could cause some rotting or fungus. Hope that helps some.

Thanks for the hep guys. I have been opening the bag some every couple of days just to keep fresh are in there. I actully have atleast 3 of them when i looked today but they are all so small i might be missing a few of them. I found the second 2 with a magnifying glass.

again thanks for the help
Ktulu

Back