What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hummm... Info?

hey i was always wondering if P. Cyclosecta is a tropical or subtropical, or basically i am aksign if it requires a dormancy... and i am also wondering about my P. Emarginata's how exactly to enduce there dormacny and how long it shoudl generally last?

Any Help would be EXTREMELy, Happily, APPREciated from me...

Cya laters
Jim
smile.gif

emarganta is a mexican ping that doesnt require any dormancy. It grows in damp areas in mexico which stays wetish all year round. Treat as you will with, lets see, ionantha. I dun have any knowledge about the other ping, sorry

Cyclosecta requires a cool (min 8C), fairly dry winter, when it forms it's winter rossette of smaller leaves. Otherwise it's a fairy easy Ping and the silky purple flowers and purple tinged leaf edges make it well worth growing. It's probably my favorite of the Pings I grow.

Cheers
Vic

I grow my Pinguicula cyclosecta indoors, under lights and without varying their environment at all. They have been growing and blooming just fine. See My Pinguicula Website
biggrin.gif

Back