What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Milk for neps?

I read somewhere that milk for Sarrs produced exceptional results, so I tried the same for my Neps. I put in abt 2 drops into one or two pitchers per plant. Can't wait to see if it leads any dramatic growth!
smile.gif

Anyone tried the same?

Flies are readily available here in Seattle for the summer, I can usually get two or three out of each window in the afternoon. But, when they're not available, I have tried adding one very small drop of 2% milk into one pitcher per plant. It seems to work,esp if you feed on the conservative side. I have notices rapid growth in the the weeks after feeding milk.

Oh look, three more flies.... *runs to smack at the window with a newspaper*

There is a stickied thread on Nepenthes feeding right at the top of the forum. I don't believe milk has been discussed yet but it is certainly worth adding there since I have heard of other growers using it very successfully in the past.
Tony

Hi Finnish kid:

When you say milk 2%. you mean 2 parts milk and 98 of water or 2% fat milk or low fat milk??. I look forward to your reply.

Agustin

I'm pretty sure he means 2% fat milk.
wink.gif

Back