What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. burbidgeae x edwardsiana

I Just got the "Nepenthes News" from Malesiana Tropicals. They have a new plant for sale N. burbidgeae x edwardsiana for $20.00 (I wish I could order it but I would have to go thought all the hassle of importing a plant)! Dose anyone know any thing about this hybrid? Dose any grow this plant? Dose anyone sell this plant in the USA? I think this would be an amazing plant any other thoughts?

Jeremiah

My lots of questions in there!

No (although it is a natural hybrid.  I have no clue on the origin of the plant/plants they are releasing. Nor have I been able to find a picture on the natural hybrid)
Not me yet
Not yet but soon
Yes it sounds like an amazing hybrid.  I will have to verify with them it is N. edwardsiana and not N. macrophylla but in either case I think it will be really nice.  Keep in mind though that most likely the radical peristome will be reduced significantly by the N. burbidgeae.

Tony

ok thanks

Do you think you might sell N. burbidgeae x edwardsiana in the near future?

Dose anyone know any thing about N. x trusmadiensis (N. macrophylla x lowii) or N. alisaputrana (rajah x burbidgeae)

My turn.
tounge.gif

N. trusmadiensis is very very rare in cultivation...or if you are fortunate to find one for sale it will be a pretty penny. N. x alisaputrana is not in cultivation as far as I know.

If Malesiana has it(I am supposed to gett that news, too, but I didn't
mad.gif
) ,it is probably the real thing. Chien supposedly had edwardsiana coming along in cultivarion, and it probaqbly ended up as a hybrid(just like clipeata x rafflesiana that he sells very cheap-nice hybrid though).

Regards,

joe

I have sent a letter to the folks at Malesiana. Hopefully I will get some more information on the plants.

You may see them from other vendors within a few weeks time. It takes that long or longer to get paperwork in order and receive packages from overseas. I have an order in but not sure how many I can get. Depending on how they handle the transit and reestablish it would be at least a couple months or longer before I would release any.

Tony

Reply from Malesiana:

"Referring to your questions below, seed was collected from one N. burbidgeae and the seedlings are now big enough to determine that it is a hybrid N. burbidgeae x edwardsiana. It grows in the same habitat as N. edwardsiana. It is definitely not a N. edwardsiana or a N. macrophylla. It is a single clone."

Tony

Too bad they didn't snag some N. edwardsiana seed too!

That would be a good deal to have a N. macrophylla for 20 bucks.
biggrin.gif

Back