What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help! "and WINDY has stormy eyes..."

I have a burning question:

I may be a jittery first time papa, but how resistant are Sarracenia to wind? My brand new baby leucophylla is being buffeted about by Mother Nature (now, to be sure, I'm not on getting smacked by hurricane Lili), and I need to know the dangers of letting this maltreatment continue! Am I just being paranoid? In order to get the wind to let up, I placed the plant in a protected area--with the kicker that it isnt' getting any sun right now! Which of these is the lesser of two evils? Thanks in advance for any advice!!!
sad.gif

Wind isn't going to kill it or anything. What do you think happens out in the wild. Most Sarracenia are native to areas that get the occasional hurricane or tropical storm, and yet they survive. The only damage it will do is aesthetic. If the pitchers do get blown over, it's nothing a stake and a twist-tie can't fix. Moving them out of the wind, and out of sun, isn't going to do any harm either, as long as you put it back in the sun when the wind storm is through, even if it's for a week.

Sarracenia,

Thanks for alleviating my fears... I have the beginners sweaty palms I guess. I appreciate the advice!

Back