What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CPs at the end of time

I'm interested in emotional attachments to plants. Please don't read into that too far.
smile.gif

So--

A comet is about to whack the earth, and of your collection you can save only one plant. What goes with you, and what do you most regret leaving behind? Why in each case?

--Steve

Probably my Gubler's nep... Here is it's history:

I bought it, and it was in OK shape with one juvenile pitcher... I was like, ok... Heh... niiiice... right! Anyhow, After about the second leaf opened the first NEW leaf that opened since I bought it started to pitcher (in a terrarium, with water at the bottom). The pitcher grew and grew and grew, I took the plant out of, and put it on top of my terrarium to make space for things that needed humidity MORE (ie. mirabilis cutting). The pitcher continued, and is continuing to grow and grow. It is now, at this point a good two inches tall and with a red tendril, and a dusting of red over the rest of the yellow-green pitcher. The lid is ABOUT to pop, each day i see it closed i am more surprised... It is doing EXCELLENT without the humidity of a terrarium (tho my dad tells me humidity in my house is pretty high (not so that i can feel water condesing on my lips tho, in fact i thought it was dry in here...)). The planbt is even producing necatr underneath its leaves... Its doing so well, I love this namless plant... No species is know, just "hybrid"... I cant wiat till it pops.

The one I most regret leaving behind would be my Drosera rotundifolia. I rescued it from a local nursery that recieved a shipment of CPs (mostly pitchers, with some tag along dews). Anyways, I chose the round leaved one that was growing with a s. purp. I asked him to dig it out, kuz i wanted it! My plant was growing on a stem kinda like a D. madegascariensis, only not layes of rings, just up and with leaves, u know? Anyways, now its THICK with leaves that look like if it didnt have that stupid stem leftover would be a BEAUTIFUL prostrate rosette. It is dripping dew, and whenever i go find a tool to get a fungus gnat with, i find that the dew just got it! Kinda a recovery story...

Even tho I like the dew, I think that the nep would be better because it doesnt not require a humidome type thing, and no water tray... But I do like it alot.... Its so special, and kind to me!!! Hehehe...

Thanks, Parasuco--cool story!

It gives me hope for my first nep, when it comes.
smile.gif

--sTeve

Thanks, Parasuco--cool story!

It gives me hope for my first nep, when it comes.
smile.gif

--sTeve

Back