What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flytrap Mutation

RamPuppy

New evidence today shows that the VEnus Flytraps DNA is partially of extra terrestrial origin, many suspected this already because it is widely known that the home range of the Venus Flytrap is a Meteor Impact Crater.

Compounding this discovery, when scientists visited the core of the crater they found a mutant flytrap with traps in excess of six inches, actively snapping at insects flying around the plant.

Tissue samples of the plant have not been taken, as the scientist that approached the plant was suddenly sucked down into the ground by what ground penetrating radar later revealed to be giant bladders similar to the bladderwort, these bladders have been confirmed to belong to the same mutant flytrap.

Additionally, several skeletons were identified in older bladders, and are believed to be the bones of plant poachers.

smile.gif

Isn't it a great DAY?

Yeah, I saw a program about it on the Discovery Channel last week. Amazing, innit?

almost forgot what today is....

And you all laughed when I presented my first preliminary evidence some two months back. So that X-Files book wasn't so far off the truth then was it? :)

He RamPuppy,

You had me for the first couple of sentences....
But when you got to the huge bladders... I remebered what day it is....
smile.gif
Very funny and very creative. LOL
I hope next year's is as good!
smile.gif

Joel

You almost caught me there for a second but when I rembered what today is I knew it was a prank right off the bat.
smile.gif
Good joke Ram........Good joke.

haha phil

damnit, i thought it was a true story

Do you have any tissue cultures?

Didn't you see where the guy who tried to get a sample died! This is a real man eater! <snicker>

Maybe they should send in a woman.

Well, my brows were arching as I read your post, RAM. lol I was beginning to think you had joined Jeff for a round of sundew inhalations...then I remembered the day....good one!

Suzanne

Thank You...

THank you all for your support. I would love to say my comedic vision knows no boundaries, but alas, it does.

But I was laughing even as I wrote it. Wish I had taken a little more time to do it and really do it right... next year! keep your eyes peeled!

My first thought was along the same as Phils. I thought you were Highly Medicated with illegal substances RP
smile.gif

I was tempted to direct you twards a few treatment centers that could help you sober up
smile.gif

I also forgot what day it was.

Good one, RP. I look forward to next year's.

Poisson d'avril!!! :biggrin:

Chris

lol!

I didn't forget what day it was: my birthday!! :cheesy:

Back