What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Plastic terrariums

• Thread starter Jmenprkr
  • Start date
Can I build one being a newb? Can it be any size

I think I know what your getting at. Plastic is a perfect material. It is cheap and easy to work with. Are you wanting to build one out of hard plastic or plastic sheeting on a role. Often in terrariums water builds up in the bottum from watering and high humidity, and has to be removed. If you build one with plastic sheeting wraped around a wooden frame than th water would probably leak out which may or may not be a bad thing depending on where you place it. This can be fixed by having something for it to drain into. As for size, yes, you can make it any size you want, but you probably want to make it twice as big as you think you'll need, because once you are hooked, you'll be getting a lot more plants than you expected in the beginning. Remember the bigger the terrarium the more money you are going to have to spend on lighting, and humidification. Dont be discouraged form building a terrarium because you are a newb, I mean look at me.... Ok bad example
smile.gif
,but you get the idea.

Good Luck,

does anyone have a pic of a small soft plastice one

could anyone sell me one. Im thinking about one for my room yes i need it twice as big so probably one for 20 shelved plants.

i want one out of the softer. Could anyone sell me plans

Back