What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Humidity

How much Humidity do i need in order to keep a genral Cp terrarium my Bog 30gal long has H of around 70% and my 10 gal potted terrarium has around 60%. what are some tips to keep humidity in?

You can cover your terrarium (just like a fish tank with a light on top). That keeps some of the moisture trapped inside. Make sure there is a vent so mold does not occur. This is the method I have use for about 2 1/2 years (works well). During the winter months I had a few problems with the heater kicking out dry air. As of today it will change
wink.gif

The other method is to buy a humidifier (that is how things have changed for me today:)).  Summer is around the corner and people are starting to buy Dehumidifiers. Stores are having sales on humidifiers right about now. I just purchased a humidifier for 20 dollars @ Mal*Wart giving my cps thee added comfort they so dearly need
tounge.gif
. I am sure there are other methods but those are the two that I know about and have worked for me (second method I am sure will work - not tested on my part but 99% sure it will work).

Hope that helps,
Travis

Back