What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Huge traps!

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a limited number but Petflytrap just acquired some Green Dragons with some of the biggest traps I've ever seen on small plants. The plants are low growing but the plants are very red and the traps are BIG. They should be available early next week for sale. The traps on lots of these are close to an inch long and they look very aggressive. Get 'em while they're hot!!!

Are they going to require dormancy? If so I will skip on the offer and wait till spring
rock.gif

These should not require dormancy this year
smile.gif

YES!! I am I am so there!
smile.gif
biggrin.gif

Sounds fun........how old are the plants?

I'd say equivalent to 3-4 years old. They are quite pretty! Some of the traps are over an inch long..just went and measured them.
biggrin.gif

When should we order.....can we get them double potted?

You should be able to order Monday or Tuesday. I'll need to check on what the prices will be. They may be too large to double pot. I'll get back with more info as soon as I found out all the details.

Get us the info......the thought of missing out makes us ill......

I bought a green dragon from PFT last winter during their bare root sale. Since then, it has become 6 seperate plants. These guys grow like weeds and best of all, they thrive in North Texas summer temperatures. The off-shoots have stayed purple all summer long. I can't wait until they are good and dormant because I want to make a "Green Dragon" garden in a 10 or 12 inch pot. What I'm trying to say, is if you don't have one, get one. They are great!

It looks like they are in stock...check out the link
biggrin.gif

Travis

biggrin.gif
Well I have one on the way! Woohoo! Jeez, I hope these were the aforementioned "huge traps"!!

Capslock

The Green Dragons on the regular link are the regular sized ones. The new large ones will probably only be able to be potted as singles...they are too big to put 2 in a pot. We'll have more info on them tomorrow. Try to be patient please...it'l be worth the wait
wink.gif

Doh! I don't suppose you could hold my purchase off until then? Darnit all! This is what I get for always being in a hurry!

It was order number 2003-11-2132. If not, no biggie, I'll just have two new vfts! (I had an unfortunate incident with my vfts recently. My deck has another deck above it, where my brother lives (we have a duplex). He got a new dog. This dog isn't really trained yet, and uses their deck to relieve itself. My vfts were, and I emphasize WERE, right below.)

Capslock

Capslock,
Your order is probably on the way already...sorry about that. I figured everyone would wait for the final info on the larger plants before ordering. They may be a bit more expensive than the standard ones. But we are having a bare root sale now if you need some extras to plant.
Also sorry to hear about the doggie fiasco...guess the plants were in the wrong place at the wrong time. You are going to change the soil before you plant new ones, right?
wink.gif

That's OK. But if it's already on the way, you have the fastest order processing in history, since I made the order a half hour ago, tops. In any case, if it's not shipped yet, can I ADD the larger green dragons to the order and have it shipped when it's ready?

And yes, I'm making a new bog for them with new soil.
biggrin.gif

Capslock

We'll try to catch the order...no promises though...we're pretty speedy lately
biggrin.gif

I want it! I want it! I want it! I want it! I want it! I want it! I want it! I want it! I want it! I want it! I want it! I want it!I want it! I want it!
wow.gif

Is there a special way to order these super flytraps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back