What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cultivars... Cultivars...

I have a suggestion. As we all know, I'm sure, many cultivars are being mislabeled and passed around as the wrong plant. Now, the official list of cultivars is on the ICPS website right? Why don't they make a rule that with the submission of the cultivar, you have to include a picture. That way people will have a better idea of what say D. 'Marston Dragon' is SUPPOSED to look like. If the picture came from the original registerer, it would have to be bonafide right?

Would this be too difficult?

SF

HAving just gone through the process of registering a cultivar I can say that part of the process is to provide a picture to be printed along side the descriptive article. So when ever a cultivar gets published in the CPN it has the picture. The only problem with this is that the ICPS does not have all those pisc linked up to the web area for official cultivars so you have to have the in print material to compare to. You might ask the ICPS people about gettng the pics on the web but that might be a very daunting task given the number of cultivars that are already out there.

I didn't know that, thanks Pyro. I'm not a member of the ICPS, so someone else would have to take the iniative (sp?) to contact them. Anyone willing?

SF

You could still do it as a member of the CP community.
smile.gif

E-mail sent!  I'll let you know when I get a reply. Thank you for all your help Pyro
smile.gif

SF

No problem
smile.gif

Alright, I got a reply!  That was quick! Here's what he said.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]    "Wow, talk about psychic! I'm currently working publishing all the Cultivars, and photos (if available) that were published in CPN on the ICPS website.  It hopefully will be online before the newyear!!!

Best
Carl Mazur ICPS P "

That's good news!  I'm glad there are people out there taking time to work on  this!

SF
biggrin.gif

Back