What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Morning Glory seeds

Ozzy

SirKristoff is a poopiehead
Staff member
Supporter
I have some extra Morning Glory (Ipomoea Purpurea) seeds. If anybody is interested let me know.
wink.gif

imgxa.jpg

Morning glories are one of my favorite flowers. Another "childhood memory" flower...going outside at 7 a.m. on sunny summer mornings with the grass soaked in dew and morning glories in runners all along the ground with their beautiful trumpet flowers open...very magical. (OK...it was bindweed but close enough!
biggrin.gif
)

Unfortunately, in my one attempt to grow them, I found them to be terribly invasive...they seed prolifically. To this day, I still tear vines off my fence where my herb garden is. I do believe there are varieties now that are NOT so invasive but I've always been afraid to try any again. They are just fantastic if you have space to let them grow...up a trellis is spectacular.

I collect morning glory things though...I have a very rare old cast iron morning glory door knocker that is a real beauty.

I wish I could take you up on that Ozzy but I'm afraid to. I already have a fence full of North Carolina jasmine. BTW...would you like any of that? It isn't a greenhouse plant...it came straight out of the woods in North Carolina. I have a TON, so anybody interested let me know. I've got to chop the massive vine back anyway. Its a beautiful blanket of yellow over my rear fence in the spring.

Can you tell I'm at work and procrastinating?? lol
wow.gif

Are these the seeds you can get high/hallucinate off of?
laugh.gif

LARRY!!!!
rock.gif

I would love some Ozzy. One of my truly favorite flowers. The purples grow wild here, weeds. My neighbors probably are not happy that I let them grow on my fence line.

Larry, You have to tell me how!!!!!!!!!!!
tounge.gif
wow.gif

These come from my wife's vine.
They are deep blue/purple. My wife said that there are some pink flowered ones too. But I don't remember seeing them this summer, I really didn't pay attention. Copper if you want some tell me how many and they'll be on there way to you, along with your A.konjac I promised you.

Larry...I've heard they have that quality to a degree but even more so with its relative the Datura (Jimpson weed, moonflower, etc.). Wouldn't recommend that though...it can also kill you.
biggrin.gif

Hehe, ok, so I've done some research. Seems there are some varieties more "potent" than others if one was interested in trippin'
wink.gif
That's all I'm gonna say, if you wanna try it, the guides are out there
biggrin.gif

I have an unknown native Texan morning glory of some sort...I believe it is from the Chisos mountain range originally...not entirely sure because I got the seeds from an old abandoned house many years ago before a bulldozer gave it the old heave ho. It is a smallish flower about half an inch wide at the mouth and about an inch and a half long........it is an intense neon fire red and makes tons of seeds.....I have about 1000 in reserve for a humming bird garden.....its is an extremely prolific vine with one plant making about 200 seeds.....

Back