What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Amazonia

• Thread starter monkeyman
  • Start date
I'm trying to compile a list of every plant from South America I can keep in a 55 gal tank (realistically). I'm going for a completely natural setup with Poison Dart Frogs, and a couple fish (suggestions?). Any plants at all will do. I just need a list to start from.

So far I have:
Heliamphora spp.
Bougainvillea spp.

Thanks,
Mike
smile.gif

That sounds really cool! Be sure to post pictures of it when you're done.

The only plants I can think of are epiphytic bladderworts.

utricularia quelchii
u. asplundii

and u. jamesoniana all grow on the tepui mountains (same as heliamphora). BTW, I got all this information from a book (The Savage Garden).

^_^

A good websearch will provide you with the species you are looking for, but be aware that CP and live animals do not mix well in a terrarium setting. Asking for a list of Brasillian species is a little on the demanding side, lol! There are too many to list. If you use the CP database:

http://www.omnisterra.com/bot/cp_home.cgi

and type "Brasil" (without the quotes) it will provide you with a list of many CP species. Finding CP from Brasil comercially available will be a harder search I am afraid, but good luck nonetheless.

Back