What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question about selfpollinating a Mexican Ping

I have a Mexican Ping I picked up from Lowes a couple weeks ago and it is about a day or two away from flowering. I am wondering about how you would do this.

Most Mexis won't self pollinate but if you want to give it a try I say go for it, maybe you will luck out. The best way I have found for pollinating them is to buy a cheap water colour brush and trim the hairs back to about 1/2 cm long then cut about half of those off so you are left with a small bunch of brush hairs that is a little smaller than the openning of the flower. Place the brush on the bottom of the "throat" slide it in and then gently pull it back out while lifting up. You'll want to repeat this a few times. If you are successful you should get petal drop a couple days afterward and then you will be able to see the seed pod develope.

Back