What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PlantAKiss

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, Engl
Hello everyone

As some of you already know, we are planning a charity auction to benefit the now-forming National Sarracenia Collection (stop by and vote on the name!).

I wanted to give everyone a heads-up so you can be thinking of what you might like to donate to the auction.  
smile.gif

More details will be forthcoming...we are still hammering out the time period and details.  But in general, people can offer a plant or any other item you think someone would be interested in.  People can bid on the items and the highest bidder wins the plant or item.  The money will go into a fund to support the new (non-profit) sarracenia conservation project.

There will be a time period for people to make their submissions to the auction.  The auction will run probably for a week so  most people will have a chance to browse and bid.

Although this may give you an opportunity to acquire some plants or items you'd like to have, please bear in mind the point of this auction is not to "buy" a plant but to DONATE to a worthy cause and get a little something in return.  You may of course donate more than one item!  Be generous...bid often!

Again, more details will be provided soon.  We'd love to have a LOT of participation and have a lot of fun too.  Plants are always popular but if you don't have a plant to offer, anything that will bring a bid ($$$!) is welcome.  Be creative--artwork, garden tools, special soil mix, gift card to Lowes, CP "starter" kit, ping leaves for propagation, etc.  Think out of the box!

***Please note that any plants offered MUST conform to all CITES and phytosanitary laws if plants transfer between states or countries.***

Thanks everyone and I hope to see ALL of you participating in the auction.  Its a great way to contribute to this cause if you feel you can't in other ways.

GOING...GOING.....GONE!  SOLD TO THE HIGHEST BIDDER!  
biggrin.gif

Suzanne/PAK

Just doin' The Bump.
smile.gif

Sounds like fun to me!

I assume we'd just ship the plants ourselves to the winning bidder. Would we post a photo of the plant so people could see what they're bidding on? In any case, it sounds like a good idea for the Saracenia project, and also a good way to thin my collection out a bit, which I have to do because of a major house remodelling that we're beginning soon. Let us know the details as you figure them out!

Capslock

Awsome.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Be generous...bid often!

Please understant that i am very limited budget wise, so cannot bis as often as i would like.

Personaly i am hopeing for a d. capenses and a small lamp and light sutible for growing a small amount of cp's

No problem, Finch.
smile.gif
I think there are a lot of people here who are a little tight on moola...myself included. Just remember if 10 items go $5, that's $50. It all adds up...the big and little.

And ya never know what might show up in the auction.
smile.gif
I hope there is a wide variety of things from beginner plants to rare so there is a little something for everyone.

Doin' da bump, da bump, da bump bump bump....OOOMMPHH!  
wow.gif

Back