What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ha!  Get this!

schloaty

Staff member
So I was in the A&P yesterday, and I walked past the same delapidated, depressed, defunked and dismal Phal that's been sitting there for what seems like weeks. No flowers, only two leaves (both on the same side, the other two fell off!), and one of those wilting. Poor thing...I asked the lady working the flower booth if they were having trouble selling it (duh) so she gave it to me for 4%. Cool. See how green my thumb really is.

Here's the kicker:

She told me that if I plant it IN THE GROUND it will come up again next year.....Don't know about you guys, but I've never heard of a phal that could take a NY winter! Oh, the horror. I just nodded and sure, great....then fled with the poor victim of mistreatment.

Good for you, Dave.

Wow, that is misleading information. I wonder how many people, she told the customers about planting orchids in the ground.

She was proabably confusing it with a Cypripedium.

LOL! Oh mercy! Maybe she thought it was a daffodil??

Poor thing...I'm glad you rescued it. One good thing...with proper care, they can recover, grow new leaves, keep blooming and be a very nice plant. I have one in my office with fantastic flowers that I got from the market next door for $1. Their loss...my gain. Will be posting a pic of it soon.
smile.gif

Way to go, Schloaty!

Back