What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Traps don't open

I got a dente in the mail about two weeks ago. It looked pretty healthy. Their are 3 traps that are half way open. They haven't opened, There are a few new traps comming from the center so i was wondering if it was shock from shipping? could you help me

explain open, does it look like this?
248DSCN1979Copy-med.JPG

this is myn
biggrin.gif

it has its teeth pointing in so it looks like its barely open, but it is,
also, if you fed it, and the trap hasnt opened in a while, it might start to rot in alittle while. thats what happen to my dente at first
Best wishes, Hellz

Give it time. It is possible that the plant is in shock. Look to the new leaves and don't worry about the existing ones.

I think i'm going to take a leaf cutting because the leaves are starting to close up. I have 4 new leaves on the way? Would it hurt my plant because it's not perfectly ajusted?

In my opinion, if you really think the plant is a goner, then definitely do cuttings. If the plant is just in shock and you think it will recover in time, then I would advise against doing cuttings. It needs all the photosynthetic surfaces it can get.

Back