What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Feeding vft dried blood worms

• Thread starter tlbuddy
  • Start date
Hi,
I am new to this board and a new owner of 2 Dente plants and 2 Green dragon plants that I got 2 days ago.
My brother put a dried bloodworm (that I use for feeding to my Betta Fish) in one of my plants open traps. Will this harm the plant in any way? The trap closed completely on the dried bloodworm and I havent noticed any changes in it. Of course I have only had the plants for 2 days and he put the bloodworm in the trap this morning.

I hope that my brother hasn't killed one of the plants already since I just got them.
wow.gif
 Thanks, tlbuddy

its ok, if the trap doesnt have any moving stimuli in it, it wont start the digestion process.
in a couple of days, it should open, and if u really wanted, u can remove the blood worms.
I wouldnt suggest this because u might trigger the trap again and might kill it, and anyway, the blood worms might attract spiders, or flys to the trap
biggrin.gif

Best Wishes,
Hellz

Back