What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

High land tank

i have a salt water tank water cooler. if i were to fill a 150 gallon tank with 5 inches of water, then have it so that the plants are sitting on top of a divider supported by pots, then use the cooler at night, would it have the same effect as using a aquarium heater to heat up the tank? the cooler can easily freeze water if given time, and can be ajusted to different power levels.
would this work?
thanks in advanced,
Hellz

Actually that would be a very good idea. I hear those units are very expensive, but worth the money.

yea those chillers are expensive but so worth it.... My reef tank would be a boiling sea food stew if I didn't have one...especially in the summer

Hey, what is the brand and model of your chiller? I have condsidered doing a similar setup for Heliamphora, but all of the chillers I've seen have only been able to lower the temperature by around 5 degrees.

Its an Aquanetics model # ADIC-2A
its like 2 feet tall and a foot wide.
its powerful, and can freeze water if given enough time

Back