What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

here are a few pics i snapped yesterday on a camera my mom borrowed. hope you like them
biggrin.gif

N. X coccinea resting on a canopy of nepenthes leaves. for some reason, this pitcher looks a little grumpy to me :roll: . probably just my imagination or the shape of the peristome. yeah yeah, my plants have expressions...
DSC01248.JPG

N. tobaica cutting. starting to grow real fast now. cant wait for the pitchers. i need someone to tell me if that green thing around it is really sphagnum
DSC01249.JPG

N. sanguinea and N. X ventrata enjoying the shade of a N. 'Judith Finn'
DSC01253.JPG

N. khasiana. arrived a little rough in shipping. no pic of the pitcher cause i cut it off a few days before this cause it was blackening.
DSC01254.JPG

a blurry pic of a N. rafflesiana. you can see a vft leaf cutting in the same pot. if anyone is still reading this, is that big puffy green stuff (on right side of pot) sphagnum or is the little green stuff (top area of pot) sphagnum?
DSC01255.JPG

N. ventricosa 'Red' not looking really red because this pitcher was hideing under the mother plants leaves. i had to 'dig' in the leaves to find this pitcher. it was deep in a cloak of leaves. i might also have to get new lights cause i think its getting weak. at least the pitcher is starting to look more like a ventricosa.
DSC01256.JPG

hope you liked them. Zongyi
smile.gif

The big puffy green stuff is sphagnum.

Nice plants ;>

The moss in the N. tobiaca pot is not sphag.

BTW nice plants.
wink.gif

Nice looking plants you got there Zongyi.
smile.gif
Thanks for showing them.

hey nice pics! I really liked your n. sanguinea.
smile.gif

Love the pics! Interesting how the peristome on the ventrata pitcher isnt fluted at all
rock.gif

Nice pics:) I especialy like the N. x ventrata

thanks for the replies. to bad i have the little green stuff that is not sphagnum growing in most of my pots, so time for some repotting. the little green stuff dosn't seem to be harming my plants though, and it originally came in a vft pot from a garden center. the ventrata is developing a large peristiome in a few later pitchers, but i didn't photograph those as they were all in difficult positions to photograph. Zonglyi

The little green moss will not hurt your plants, as long as you don't harvest only this time of moss to plant your plants ;). Since it only grows on top, it is not harmful for plants; almost all my pots are covered with this type of moss without any problem

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tom @ May 10 2004,12:54)]The little green moss will not hurt your plants, as long as you don't harvest only this time of moss to plant your plants ;). Since it only grows on top, it is not harmful for plants; almost all my pots are covered with this type of moss without any problem
Not completely true. Though it might not hurt tall neps, it can take over rosetted sundew pots
wow.gif

And utrics don`t apreciate it either.

It can over grow small cephs too! I have to keep "weeding" it out of my ceph pots.
smile_k_ani_32.gif

yes, on small Drosera, some Utrics and a few others its a bad thing, though my U. livida doesnt seem to mind it. on something as big as your Neps its more than likely no big deal. you may have excess nutrients or something but if your Neps are growing and pitchering fine i wouldnt worry. i have been told some Neps realllllllllllly dont like to be repotted. ive repotted very few (x Miranda, gracilis and an ampullaria) and they didnt seem to mind but im not sure on other species or hybrids so i try to do it as little as posible.

Rattler

Back