What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Never a perfect yard!

I love Spring it is the best thing besides Fall.
biggrin.gif

I just order some mole traps. Those hole drilling bas...buggers are going to die!
mad.gif
I think it is about impossible to keep a perfect yard. Every year it is something new...I am prepared for yellow jackets this year too. They do not want to mess with me.

I can not keep my cp's outside because of tree rats, robbins, and rabbits. How are you suppose to show off your collection when you are out fighting the elements of nature.
mad.gif
Impossible!
wow.gif

You gonna make....guacaMOLE out them??
wow.gif
tounge.gif

I wouldn't mess with you either with that kinda whiney attitude....
laugh.gif

J/K!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Travis @ May 12 2004,9:15)]I love Spring it is the best thing besides Fall.  
biggrin.gif

I just order some mole traps. Those hole drilling bas...buggers are going to die!  
mad.gif
I think it is about impossible to keep a perfect yard. Every year it is something new...I am prepared for yellow jackets this year too. They do not want to mess with me.

I can not keep my cp's outside because of tree rats, robbins, and rabbits. How are you suppose to show off your collection when you are out fighting the elements of nature.
mad.gif
Impossible!  
wow.gif
I understand!! half my yard has collapsted under my feet! and now half the yard is dead grass, because the stupid F.. Fools dug up half the yard (dirt eventually got on every part of the yard) Mole traps work great. What kind do you use?

ALSO: Moles are our friends. They hardly make mole mounds at all! I've seen them make "holes" but theres hardly any dirt thats shoved up, if any at all! It's the GOPHERS you're after! They make so many holes and mounds of dirt its hard to keep up with em!
mad.gif

Moles eat bad bugs. GOPHERS eat vegetables, grass, EVERYTHING!
mad.gif
I even had one grab a CP!!! (gophers WILL venture out of their holes at night, 3-6 feet form their holes, and drag in vegetation)
mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I wouldn't mess with you either with that kinda whiney attitude....

Sorry, next time I will not chop onions before typing...tee hee
tounge.gif

Just a quick question - and no offense to anyone - I was thinking of traveling to california next year on a short trip. With all I've been reading here (massive heat waves, marauding gangs of gophers, giant attacking Agaves, not to mention earthquakes) should I rethink my plans, or is it an ok place for a short vacation?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Travis @ May 12 2004,10:22)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I wouldn't mess with you either with that kinda whiney attitude....

Sorry, next time I will not chop onions before typing...tee hee
tounge.gif
rock.gif
huh?
rock.gif

I am using the Out O' Sight Mole Trap by Victor. Not sure if it is effective but it looked pretty ez to use. If you have any other sugjestions please let me know. I am glad I do not have a gofher problems. Most of my yard is filled with little trails created by moles.

That was suppose to be a joke but I guess it is not funny or may not understand...O'well another bad joke  
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (buster1 @ May 12 2004,10:24)]Just a quick question - and no offense to anyone - I was thinking of traveling to california next year on a short trip. With all I've been reading here (massive heat waves, marauding gangs of gophers, giant attacking Agaves, not to mention earthquakes) should I rethink my plans, or is it an ok place for a short vacation?
no, it isnt as bad as it sounds... if it was, we wouldn't be living here in CA!
tounge.gif
And those earthquakes, they're not much, just think of it as a... earthquake ride!
tounge.gif

OH, and travis:

I use the Black Hole trap by Victor... Works great! Theres also a hole in the end that you can stick a carrot into! It's more of a gopher trap then a mole trap... DON'T KILL MOLES!
mad.gif
KILL GOPHERS!
mad.gif

Fox urine, cat hair, human hair, Juicy fruit GUM, poison peanuts, they all work well for moles... the urine and hair are the best choices, they at least dont kill the innocent moles
mad.gif

MOLES ARE OUR FRIENDS!
tounge.gif

LOL @ Suzanne! GuacaMOLEe indeed.....Now I can't get Austin Powers out of my head...
Molymolymolymoly

*cough* MOLE! *cough*................

*cough* MOLE! *cough*................

*cough* MOLEY MOLEY MOLEY MOLEY MOLEEEY! *cough*

BLOODY MOLE! I WANNA JUST RIP IT OFF, AND MAKE GUACAMOLEe!

Yeah Baby Yeah!! *Austin Powers*
wink.gif
LOL

lol I have several friends that say moleymoleymoleymoleymoley. lol Now I think of that every time I hear mole or gaucamole.
laugh.gif

What a bunch of molearkey!
tounge.gif
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Moles eat bad bugs. GOPHERS eat vegetables, grass, EVERYTHING! I even had one grab a CP!!! (gophers WILL venture out of their holes at night, 3-6 feet form their holes, and drag in vegetation)

no i think moles eat vegetaion

shrews eat bugs

make shure there moles and not shrews before you try to destroy them!

Are there dead or grazed parts of the lawn?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Finch @ May 14 2004,2:11)]no i think moles eat vegetaion

shrews eat bugs

make shure there moles and not shrews before you try to destroy them!

Are there dead or grazed parts of the lawn?
No, Gophers eat vegetation

Shrews and moles eat bugs

Gophers = BAD

Shrews and Moles = GOOD

85% of a moles diet consists of earthworms and insects in the soil. The balance of their diet include seeds, grass roots, etc. Earthworms are one of their favorites, and although grubs may attract moles to an area, the elimination of grubs will not remove the moles if there are earthworms present, and conversely, the presence of moles is not a sure sign that you have grubs, especially if it has been treated for grubs.

Pocket gophers eat a wide variety of plants. Above ground they take leafy vegetation from the vicinity of burrow openings; underground they devour succulent roots and tubers. They often prefer forbs and grasses, but diet shifts seasonally according to the availability of food and the gophers' needs for nutrition and water. For example, water-laden cactus plants may become a major dietary component during the hot and dry summer months in arid habitats. The external cheek pouches are filled with parts of plants by dextrous motions of the forepaws for transportation to cache storage areas in the burrow. The storage areas are usually sealed from the main tunnel system

I am pretty sure moles eat grubs. They are in the green grass with tunnels everywhere. Since when do people like moles?
rock.gif
 I do not enjoy having my yard filled with tunnels or air pockets.
mad.gif

Edit:
I do like moles but not in my yard.

Moles are kind of cute...but I can say that because I don't have them in my yard.
smile.gif
Squirrels.....now that's a whole different matter....

Back