What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

This was a happy discovery...

• Thread starter Vertigo
  • Start date
Sarracenia new growth emerging.jpg

Oh wow! Nice pic! It's very pretty. What specie is it? I'm guessing minor.

Hehehe, actually it's a hybrid. You almost couldn't guess one of the parents though. It's S. oreophilia x minor xpurpurea x rubra x leucophylla...I forget how the parentage is actually blended, too dark to look at the tag right now.
smile_n_32.gif

Wow. What a cross. You'll have to get some pics of the pitchers when they open for us. ;)

If it's the same one Dean Cook is selling, it's (oreophila x minor) x [(purp x rubra) x leucophylla]

Boy, talk about standing on the shoulders of giants. If you want something complex to cross with something else to try and create a cultivar(ultimately), here is agood head start, lol.

Joe

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sarracenia @ May 25 2004,2:43)]If it's the same one Dean Cook is selling, it's (oreophila x minor) x [(purp x rubra) x leucophylla]
Yup, that's it.
smile_m_32.gif
Thanks a ton, i'll mark that on my list so I don't run outside every two seconds.

Wow! When i have enough plants I wanna make a hybrid with every for of sarr possible in it
smile_n_32.gif

Back