What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Found a cool website while researching orchids

i was looking up some info on a couple of orchids i bought at the auction and found this website. LOTS AND LOTS of species, subspecies and varieties. its just a description of the plant, basic growing info and pictures but it has a huge list of individual orchids. great if you've found some odd ball orchid and want to see what a flower will look like and a basic idea of how to grow it. definatly one to bookmark. anyways here is the site:

http://www.orchidspecies.com/index.htm

Yep, that's a great site.

Jay has been criticized at times for showing unusual forms, especially blues.  But none of the complainers have created a better site.  And, after the issue of blue flowers came up, he seemed to make quite an effort to obtain photos of more "typical" blooms.  Because of all the variations, it never hurts to look for other photos.

Thank you for the web site Rattler. Its so informative I think I will pin it for future reference for everybody.
smile.gif

Back