What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm friggin' sick of this

Pyro

N=R* fs fp ne fl fi fc L
Can anyone suggest a good anti-fungus treatment for whatever it is that turns the rhizomes of Sarrs to mush without any warning except maybe a little shrivling the day before the whole plant kicks the bucket? I almost lost a S. alabamensis last week and this morning I had to do a rush cut and repot of an oreo x leuco.

Maybe you used too much anti-fungus?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Starman @ June 18 2004,10:38)]Maybe you used too much anti-fungus?
I highly doubt that would do it... but you never know!
smile.gif

Pyro, I use Grant's Sulfur Dust. Works really well.

While we are on the subject of fungus on sarracenia, I think some of my Sarracenia (as well as Neps, and others too) have a mildew... There is a layer of what looks like dirt on some of the leaves/pitchers, and it doesn't seem to want to come off! with some water and a bit of rubbing, it eventually comes off, but theres just too many leaves to do it with!
smile_k_ani_32.gif
Also, it's not the best thing to do to Neps, either! Don't wanna take off the wax on the leaves!
confused.gif
smile_o_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Starman @ June 18 2004,1:38)]Maybe you used too much anti-fungus?
Considering I am not using any at all I don't thin kthat is the problem
smile.gif

Spec, sounds like you have sooty mould. It grows on the nectar and is harmless to the plants, just ugly. No cure as far as I know other than to improve ventilation

I get sooty mold on my Rhips during the winter, no harm just ugly is all. It just means good humidity and little circulation.

Joe

try using trichoderma. its a fungus that eats other fungi and is harmless.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ June 19 2004,2:07)]try using trichoderma. its a fungus that eats other fungi and is harmless.
Does it eat toe fungus? I COULD USE THAT!
smile_k_ani_32.gif

smile_t_32.gif

I've gotten good results with Neem oil spray.

Lol. Spec you talkin `bout that stuff that makes your nails smell "cheesy"?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ June 18 2004,5:07)]try using trichoderma. its a fungus that eats other fungi and is harmless.
Actually Trichoderma is not harmless and is the source for one of the major biotoxins out there. If the fungus infects you (which it can so wear gloves if you use it or media containing it) then there is the potential for the toxin to kill you if not treated in time.

A little useless Jeopardy trivia for you all

Nuthin' useless about stayin' alive and well, Pyro!

Back