What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newsletter?

Are we going to have a newsletter with the purchase of NASC membership? Monthly, Semi-Monthly, Quarterly, Yearly? I am just wondering...At least the members would know whats going on. I did not read anything about it. I know PAK did a brochure of what NASC does. Just an idea. It would also keep the interest alive. I realize it is more work
confused.gif

lol  Travis...I nominate you for Newsletter Committee Chair!  I think we should have a monthly newsletter so you will be kept busy and off the streets.  
biggrin.gif

Well...I can tell you a newsletter takes a lot of time, a lot of work and a lot of money (printing and postage)!  I could produce something like that for free...but printing it is another matter.  I do think that would be nice once there is something to write about.  And you have to have people who will write articles and submit them.  Its quite an undertaking.

A sample of cost:  400 10-page color newsletters cost almost $3,000 at Kinkos.  Of course you can lower that cost if you do all black and white.  But even then its expensive.  Then add in postage.  And someone to print the labels, put on stamps and labels and mail them. I produced AND printed 400 color newsletters for Meadowview...what amounted to a $3,000 donation not including costs for my labor which would have added another $1,000 had I charged for it. The newsletters then had to be folded, sealed, stamped and mailed.

I'd say you have a big job ahead of you!  
smile_m_32.gif

I do think it would be great to have a newsletter at some point.  
smile.gif
As long as membership is small, I could do a single page (front and back) thingy.

Good thing nobody pays too much attention to what I'm doing at work or where the paper's going... hehe

[b said:
Quote[/b] (PlantAKiss @ Aug. 11 2004,9:50)]lol  Travis...I nominate you for Newsletter Committee Chair!  I think we should have a monthly newsletter so you will be kept busy and off the streets.  
biggrin.gif

Well...I can tell you a newsletter takes a lot of time, a lot of work and a lot of money (printing and postage)!  I could produce something like that for free...but printing it is another matter.  I do think that would be nice once there is something to write about.  And you have to have people who will write articles and submit them.  Its quite an undertaking.

I do think it would be great to have a newsletter at some point.  
smile.gif
  As long as membership is small, I could do a single page (front and back) thingy.

Good thing nobody pays too much attention to what I'm doing at work or where the paper's going...  hehe
I knew you were going to nominate me as newsletter committee but I do not think that is my forte.
smile_n_32.gif
Although NASC could do a mass e-mail instead of mass mailing. Plus using mass mailing would kill "the trees"... k/d but is a thought.

Hmmmmm...that IS a thought! Good idea Travis.
smile.gif
Seeeee! I KNEW you'd make a good newsletter chairman.
biggrin.gif

As I will take the words of one of the Mods here:
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Good thing nobody pays too much attention to what I'm doing at work or where the paper's going... hehe
lol

LOL
smile_n_32.gif

Back