What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Questions on aureomaculata

i believe i was told U. aureomaculata is fairly uncommon in collections. does any one have any info on this species. i have had it for almost 2 months now and its spreading darn near as fast as livida or lateriflora. i believe i was also told it sometimes takes a crash(like D. adelea?) so divide it often. it has almost filled up its "cell" so next week i plan on dividing it into 3 chunks. 2 for me and one to an individual i promiced i would send it to. can any one clue me into anything else? where its from? its thriving along side my other terrestrials like sandersonii, lateriflora, and bisquamata so i dont plan on changing that. any pics of flowers?

Rattler

This Venezuelan species is certainly very rare in cultivation. You sure you got the right thing? Got any pictures of it to show us?

Take Care,
Fernando

Rattler,

You have the same clone as I grow and I can assure you it is well identified. Mine is growing slowly, so if you are having a rapid growth consider yourself fortunate. If I were you, I would take a cutting and restart it now while it is going well.

thats the plan Tamlin. i should be able to get to it tomorrow. ill try to get a pic of the lolons for you Fernando. granted there is always a chance it was mislabled when it was divided and sent to me but it is from Tim Malcom when he divided up his collection. so im pretty sure i have the right plant.

Rattler

Back