What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. amp

I just had a little bit larger basal pitcher form on my amp but the lid doesnt appear the way I see in other pictures. Is this because the plant may not be fully mature? Thanks for the opinions

387amp.JPG

It may accidentally be from another species, but i'm assuming it's the little baby pitcher theory.

Looks normal, mine are doing the same thing. I think all small pitchers have hair on them.

I was more concerned with the lid covering the opening to the pitcher rather then allowing rainwater to freely enter.

You'll start to see the verticle lids in the more mature plants also, or maybe try to increase the humidity.

Not to worry. They'll do that when juvenile sometimes. If you're getting basal pitchers, your amp is happy.

Trent

As Trent says, it's absolutely normal, many lowland Neps do that.  Juvenile N. ampullaria also look much like N. x hookeriana which yours does too.

Anyone know why the hairs form on the lids of juvenile pitchers?  I haven't a clue  
smile_l_32.gif

How and when are basal pitchers produced?

Will all amp clones do this?

Back