What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Heyhey, neu to the forums

G

Hey, whats up everyone?
cool.gif

I wuz reccomended to come to this forum by a few friends of mine. I'm fairly new to Carniverous Plants, January will be my 5th month. My first CP (Carniverous Plant) was ordered online from a place called California Carnivores about 5 months ago. It was a Dioneae Musipulae (Venus Flytrap). I put it in fertilised garden soil and gave it tap water, and only after the thing died did I learn of my mistake. DOH!
smile_t_32.gif
Anywayz I then bought "The Savage Garden" (A CP book) and learned of my ignorant mistake. I then bought another Flytrap at Lowes, and then I was hooked!
smile_n_32.gif
I then bought a few beutiful Saracenia (North American Pitcher Plants), the parrot one (Forgot the name). Anywayz that is how I got hooked, and I have about 20 CP's right now. Since this is my Introduction Post, I mite as well share my Interests and other Hobbies. I like doodling around with Photoshop, Art, collecting shells, my toads, dog training, microscopic animals, Interplanetary Space, and stuff like that. So yea... Oh yea, and I'm a no0b at Photography, but it's one of my new hobbies.

Feel free to tell me a little about yourself, so as I can get to know all you members better!
smile.gif

-The Doode

PS: My favorite CPs are the Droserae (Sundews)

hey
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ] microscopic animals
*cough cough*... you BETTER not mean protists!
smile_n_32.gif

so you have a microscope? cool!
I have one too... not the best but it's good enough.
I also like collecting shells.
basically I love nature. Like my ... thingy says right above my avatar I'm a nature freak.

0h y34, 1 4l$0 #1k3 t4lk1ng 1n 133t, 1t$ $0 m5(h f5n 101

oh yeah I also like talking in ...leet?.... it's so ... much?... fun?... 101? lol

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TheAlphaWolf @ Dec. 27 2004,7:57)]hey
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ] microscopic animals
*cough cough*... you BETTER not mean protists!
smile_n_32.gif

so you have a microscope? cool!
I have one too... not the best but it's good enough.
I also like collecting shells.
basically I love nature. Like my ... thingy says right above my avatar I'm a nature freak.
Thanx for da welcome...

Of COURSE I don't mean protists...
smile_m_32.gif
 Ya I have a microscope, with several magnification lenses... It also has a built in 35mm camera. What kinda shellz do you have? I like nature too
smile.gif

-Da Doode

PS: yea you got it right

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]What kinda shellz do you have?
No idea LOL.
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Of COURSE I don't mean protists...
WHEW!
biggrin.gif

do you mean rotifers and the others? have you ever seen water bears? they're supposed to be everywhere but I've only seen one once :-/

Hi! Welcome to the forums!

I'm Alex! lol
I like collecting carnivorous plants, breeding lizards, art, photography,and traveling! lol
I live in Las Vegas, NV

BTW- I also have a microscope and a steroscope
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TheAlphaWolf @ Dec. 27 2004,8:05)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]What kinda shellz do you have?
No idea LOL.
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Of COURSE I don't mean protists...
WHEW!
biggrin.gif

do you mean rotifers and the others? have you ever seen water bears? they're supposed to be everywhere but I've only seen one once :-/
oh lol.

I guess you could say that
smile_m_32.gif
Yea I've seen water bears, I think... I have no idea why they call them bears... they look nothing like them...

Sunpicher, thanks for the welcome
cool.gif

You have come to the right place.
Welcome

Welcome to the forums, we'll be glad to help you feed your growing addiction. LOL I'm Wes, as my name states, I'm into plants, music, tennis, and I'll even collect shells(when I'm at the beach the 3 or 4 times I go each year). Hope you have fun.

Welcome Doode.  I'm glad you found your way here.  You'll find all kinds of growing help here as well as making some great friends.

I like plants of all types...but have more CPs, orchids and passionflowers than anything else.  I also like antiques, rocks and minerals, art and lots of other things...including my little live wire Ollie Bean Macintosh.  
smile.gif
I enjoy photography too and I'm getting ready to purchase a new camera.

I hope you stick around and have fun.  
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (PlantAKiss @ Dec. 28 2004,3:07)]Welcome Doode.  I'm glad you found your way here.  You'll find all kinds of growing help here as well as making some great friends.

I like plants of all types...but have more CPs, orchids and passionflowers than anything else.  I also like antiques, rocks and minerals, art and lots of other things...including my little live wire Ollie Bean Macintosh.  
smile.gif
 I enjoy photography too and I'm getting ready to purchase a new camera.

I hope you stick around and have fun.  
biggrin.gif
Growing addiction??? Man, that doesn't sound good
smilie4.gif

Kiss (Do you mind if I just call you Kiss?),

What are passionflowers? And what/who is Ollie Bean?

I'll definately stick around, but I may not be able to post much after the New Year (darn school)

-Da Doode

Ollie Bean is her dog.

Welcome to the forums, Doode! Everything you could ever wanna know is in my profile...

Embrace the Insanity!

welcomez doodlez, i'vez beenz growingz thesez thingz forz az whilez andz they'rez prettyz coolz, goodluckz withz themz
biggrin.gif

*dies laughing* God I love you guyz.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Grim @ Dec. 28 2004,9:27)]welcomez doodlez, i'vez beenz growingz thesez thingz forz az whilez andz they'rez prettyz coolz, goodluckz withz themz
biggrin.gif
Rightz backz atz yaz homiez
smile_m_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SunPitcher @ Dec. 28 2004,10:49)]Iz cantz understandz youz!   lolz:;):
Sorryz
smile_n_32.gif

Zomeday yearz from now we're gonna look back on thiz and laugh.

Back