What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sowing seeds

Any tips on sowing Utricularia seeds?

This is what I did however we might be talking the blind leading the blind here. I picked up some LFS and stuck it in a food processor to break it down. I used little boxes that had clear lids and gently placed the LFS at the bottom of a removale tray within the box. I then added a mix of Sphagnum Peat and rinsed play sand to the top of the LFS. I used rain water to hydrate both the LFS and the SPM/sand mix.  I then placed the few seeds I had on top of the mix.  The little germination boxes were placed on top of a heating pad set to low and the soil temps are hovering around 80F.  Other than that I have done nothing other than to sit and wait and wait and sit and that's about it. I'm still waiting and it has been a month and I see basically zip nadda nothing happening in there.  I do have the seed boxes in a makeshift area where the relative humidity must be pretty high. There are sets of over head lighting that have grow bulbs in them as well as standard light bulbs to increase the air temps in my make shift grow chamber. The utrics I am trying to germinate are terrestrials.

Now, hopefully somebody who has forgotten more than I will ever know will come to this thread and post to correct me.

Back