What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Favorites..

• Thread starter altrade212
  • Start date
anyone here havea favorite meal? mine is "patelon" its fried plantains (platanos) but all the ingreditens of lizanina except the sauce...uuuhhh soo good..

My favorite meal....anything with chicken...lasagna and pizza are good too!

Cheesecake! I can make a meal of it!

Marinated skirt steak, platanos, with a side of black beans and rice.  Tres leche cake and a big glass of cold milk for desert. Ummm, ummm good.
Home made chicken noodle soup and Hungarian goulash are right up there also.

yah know Jim we should get together sometime i think we would get along quite well
smile_n_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rattler_mt @ Feb. 24 2005,11:01)]yah know Jim we should get together sometime i think we would get along quite well
smile_n_32.gif
We DO have quite a bit in common! The geography thing is a bit of a hurdle, though! Who knows... maybe I'll be way out West someday.

NYC pizza & Chinese food! Yummmmm!

about the farthest east i ever get is Minniapolis, going to probably be in St Louis, Missouri the first weekend in May. yah never know though. Darlas sister is in Memphis, TN probably for another year or so, maybe we will wind up over there for a week or so sometime

CHERRY TOMATOS!!!!!!!!! Can you say.....tums?
smile_n_32.gif

my favorite meal would be fajitas with a cold margarita. chicken and beef are both good. for desert cheesecake. i love cooking and have a few cheesecake recipes to die for depending on your taste.

A big ol' bowl of pinto beans seasoned with garlic powder and chili powder and another big ol' bowl of plain white rice with lots and lots of butter on it and a big ol' glass of Friendly's root beer (OMG the sugar factor!!!).

Winter meal would have to be : Quesadilla (chicken)
Summer: Gilling chicken (many styles)

Deserrt: Blueberry Double Trouble Cheesecake

I am an amateur confectionist (?)

Corned beef with marble rye and boiled cabbage. Make sure you have lots of butter

[b said:
Quote[/b] (prizmbatch @ Feb. 24 2005,1:45)]for desert cheesecake. i love cooking and have a few cheesecake recipes to die for depending on your taste.
You have a friend for life!
smile.gif

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!! I <span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>HATE</span></span> RYE BREAD!!!!!!!!

*breathes deeply* Whewwww... I had to get that out of my system.

EDIT: Hey! I can FINALLY do stuff on TF again! Looks like the technical difficulties with me and my fellow AOL users got fixed. Somebody gave Phil some duct tape.

Gotta be wild boar, spit roasted, garlic cloaves embedded in the flesh, Take a basting mixture of olive oil, red pepper flakes, and ground black pepper and coat the entire pig as it rotates, using a basting brush. Near the end of the process, soak mesquite chunks in water, then drain and sprinkle over the hottest portions of the fire. This will give off maximum smoke to further flavor the pig

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]EDIT: Hey! I can FINALLY do stuff on TF again! Looks like the technical difficulties with me and my fellow AOL users got fixed. Somebody gave Phil some duct tape.
lol... *sniff sniff* not me! I still can't post!
from AOL... but it finally dawned on me (darn i'm slow... took me a whole half a day! even after using it trying to get into hotmail... DUH) that I can use IE! whoo!

oh yeah... favorite meal. hmmm... I have no clue. I love food too much to pick a favorite. I really like some things like my famous potatoes, my bean ... mixture... thing, sushi, etc..
for dessert i like cheesecake, three milk cake, mango dessert, oreo/pistacchio/bananna vanilla ice cream (i want some right now!),  fried ice cream,...etc.
drinks: orchata, passionfruit juice, chocolate milk, etc..
it's a wonder i'm not fat :p

Luis, wait 10 years on that diet!
smile_m_32.gif

Alpha, you just have a fast metabolism...
icon_frustrated.gif

EDIT: BTW, I take back what I said about Friendly's root beer... apparently not all Friendly's have root beer with that much sugar in it... apparently it's just the one in the Leeds, Massachusetts area..
bowdown.gif

If you bring me a whole turkey any day, I'll cook Thanksgiving dinner. I cook three or four of them a year - one year I cooked three over one Thanksgiving break! I'm also partial to curry and grilled fish, dinner salads, and steaks. When it comes to dessert, I'd say chocolate mousse, but flan, cheesecake, baklava... all very close. There are a number of exotic dishes that could be my favorites, if I only knew/could pronounce or spell their names.
~Joe

Back