What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drosera seed

I purchased seed for a school and totally forgot I had ordered any more seed for them until it came in the mail today. Two days ago, I received the same seed as a gift from elgecko and brought it to the school. The kids have no need for more of the same seed.

Would any one like this seed-
D. capensis (albino)
D. intermedia

Please post right here which seed pack you would like and then pm me. I only have one pack of each.

I would like the D.intermedia please
smile.gif

Hi, PiranhaPlant, The D. intermedia is yours. Do you need a tray to germinate them in or anything?

If you wouldn't mind, yea i could use a tray.

May I please have the other one?Thanks!*niki*

Hey there, no I absolutely do not mind at all that you are going to give the seed to a friend. I give almost everything that I purchase or that is sent to me to a school. I think it is so considerate of you to have thought of her. I got your pm but I will need a name and and address.  Thanks for the offer of a SASE, not necessary.

Hi Niki, the D. capensis (albino) is yours. Please pm me your name and address.

I just PM'ed you.*Niki*

Great!Thank you so much! I will PM you right now
smile.gif
*Niki*

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I only have one pack of each

Both packs of seed are now spoken for. I don't have any more Drosera seed and I don't have any other CP seed available. If I make a mistake and order duplications or if we receive gifts that the school doesn't have the place to germinate, I will most assuredly post here again.  I'm really sorry but I truly only had those two packs of Drosera and they are now spoken for.

you dont want capensis, its a weed i tell yah, never mind that they are spectacular looking plants, nevermind they are one of the top fly catchers in my collection, never mond they are #2 on my favorite Drosera list, they are a weed and once you have a mature plant seedlings pop up everywhere, in you nep pots in you Utric pots..........EVERYWHERE..............course some conseider that a good thing..........
smile_n_32.gif

sorry Friday morning, my brain is fighting off work
smile_m_32.gif

My my my Rattler, you're on a roll you slap happy guy. I take it this is not the type of plant to let loose in a bog, huh?  I'll put a leash and muzzle on ours (if they ever germinate) and get a whip and make sure they stay put! Seriously, thanks for the heads up.  I don't need any more work and I'm already nervous pulling anything up lest I rip out something good accidentally.  No need having capensis anywhere other than in a self containted pot and try as I might to be on the spot before a plant goes to seed... my best intentions in that department are generally a day late and a dollar short.  For all those who are interested in "companion" planting, let em go to seed. Thanks so much for commenting.

lol capensis arent actually a huge weed problem, by the time theya re 1/2 inch tall you know what they are unlike D. spatulata which leave you wondering for quite awhile. just cut off the flower stalks if you dont want seeds, chances of you actually seeing a flower are slim as they are generally only open for a few hours. and if your seeds dont germinate i have probably 200 seedlings that i intentially planted(to small to up root and ship now but in 4 weeks or so they will be fine), and another 50 in various pots that are unintentional. theya re great plants. most dont give them much credit cause they are so common but there are few Drosera that actually look as nice or are a show stopper like a properly grown D. capensis. and they are high on my favorite over all CP list.

Er uh, thanks for the offer of mutant Droseras plants that are invading your pots. I think I am going to have to take a pass- tee he! You keep em over there by you, they seem to like it there real well and we wouldn't want to stress them by mailing them.  "chances of you actually seeing a flower are slim as they are generally only open for a few hours"- scary very scary but this goes back to me generally being a day late and a dollar short in the dead heading department.  I'm thinking we'll take your advice and cut off any flower stalks we may find in the future.

about the only time i get to see any of my Drosera flowers is if i happen to be home between abouut 11 am and 1 pm, any other time its rare that they are open. i have watched one D. nidiformis flower open and close in under an hour.

Back