What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grass growing in the same pot

My truncata has some grass growing right in the middle of the plant. Doesnt seem to be doing any harm, but I have to cut the grass every week!! LOL.
Just wondering if it could be a problem. I am just worried about the roots.
thanks for any help.

I have tons of plants growing in with my neps. It doesn't seem to bother them, and i kinda like the look.

I pull any weeds I have growing, the only other plant I allow to grow in my neps pots are various forms of moss.

The less competition the better.

the way i see it, the grass will use any other nutrients that could be detrimental to the Nepenthes.

Hay, Hellz here,
yes i agree woth everyone, especially of thos grasses are from LFS, i had to repot a nep once because the grass roots were extremely exstensive, almost choking the poor plant
just my experience,
Hellz

I would stay away from weeds, But i get ferns growing in my moss whitch i dont see any problems with as long as they remain small cause they will stuck most of the water from the plant.

-Drew Mcclain

Is it possible that plants competing with your neps for nutrients could force the neps to produce more pitchers for added nutrients?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dyflam @ April 13 2005,6:57)]Is it possible that plants competing with your neps for nutrients could force the neps to produce more pitchers for added nutrients?
I highly doubt it. People use osomocote and other means of fertilizer and they will produce many pitchers just fine. Also if you think the weeds help with "soaking up" excess water, just don't over water your plants.

Back