What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A couple pics of my 'royal red'

BigCarnivourKid

It's been one of dem days
Thought I'd share a couple pics of my VFTs. Seems I can't keep a regular VFT alive to save my hide but the 'Dentate Trap' and 'Royal Red' are doing great. This is what remains of my 'Dentate Trap' VFTs after they got froze last fall. It sort of multiplied
smile_n_32.gif
!
Dentate%20Trap%20VFT.jpg

They are all about an inch and a half or so in size.

This is one of the Royal Red plantlets I managed to propagate this last winter.
VFT%20Royal%20Red.jpg

It's about 2 inches across and the crown is starting to split forming a second crown.

nice!
I have the same problem about 'regular' VFTs, i dunno why i cant keep them alive or healthy...
confused.gif

dont feel bad. i can't keep Dionaea alive to save my life!

Cephalotus? sure. Heliamphora? sure. D. schizandra? sure. but not a VFT!!!

Great pics! I can keep thes things alive, just so long as I don't conduct any experiments, involving a stream!

Thanks guys. Don't know why I have trouble with VFT's. Even the 'Royal Red' has been difficult for me to probagate by any method except off shoots. I've tried almost a dozen leaf cuttings and not a one has produced a plant. With a regular VFT leaf, I'd have had almost 100% success. I have had to wait for it to produce small offshoots to get more plants.

Back