What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

N. spectabilis

Hi,

although a nice species I don't have seen many N. spectabilis in cultivation. Maybe its due to the fact that some clones just looks like a typical Nepenthes and doesn't have many special features.

This is a clone from G. Bandahara I got from Jan as small cutting some years ago:

N_spectabilis_160605_med.jpg

It is a constant and easy grower under my conditions, although I think it could produce bigger and mor colourful pitchers with more light...

Cheers Joachim

A very beautiful specimen. Although it may be common for you, its a slightly more challenging species to grow here in Hawaii and ist a much sough after species for hybrids.

How large is that pitcher shown?

Michael

[b said:
Quote[/b] (RainforestGuy @ June 17 2005,2:06)]A very beautiful specimen. Although it may be common for you, its a slightly more challenging species to grow here in Hawaii and ist a much sough after species for hybrids.

How large is that pitcher shown?

Michael
Hi Michael,

this pitcher is about 12 cm in size. Hawai has some advantages though - I only grow two intermediate species and no true lowland plants at all...

Joachim

Nice Joachim. One of my favorite species. I have a variety from 5 different areas and they are all unique in some way.

If that is the same clone as Wistuba's G. bandahara, it can get quite large with nice color and big tubby pitchers
Tony

Beautiful and rather big.
I just made an order of some plants - also N. spectabilis

Back