What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I found an utric

hey guys, I was out at a lake with my friends and I spotted an aquatic utric, I got some and put them in a container with water, I would like to distribute them amongst you guys, but I dont know if this is considered poaching or not? If it is I will put them all back , can some one help me out here?

was there a lot of it? how much did you take?
if was a lot of it and you didn't take much, I wouldn't consider it poaching.

there was alot I took about 4 strands to see if I copuld ID it mainly, there was a whole lake of it

Wow, I was gonna post the same thread..
Tho the one I found was a terrestrial, and I found mine growing at work. And I only took a flower to ID it.

It is Utricularia cornuta. I only saw about 4 or 5 flowers in there area I spotted it. Tho I got there just after the kids cut the grass.. I'll have to look around by the pond and see if there is more.

The flower was the only reason I spotted it..
I had just looked over all the native CP species last night. Then Bam I found one today..

interesting I have to be more observant then I know they have to be around.  I heard they found some VFT groweing on the Augusta Nationals "Masters" golf course, but I haven't see it for myself since I don't have 100g or so a year for membership.
smile_n_32.gif

Guys, poaching isn't defined by how much you take, or how much is at the sight where you take from. It is defined by how much of that plant is out in the wild. If the plant is protected in any way, regardless of how much is where you are & how little you took, it is poaching.

I thought I remember reading something about the scenario in which a CP is naturally growing on someone's property as being acceptable to "domesticate". But I am not 100% certain.

Back