What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to catch and kill 130 bugs in 5 minutes

• Thread starter noah
  • Start date
  • Tags
    bugs
Disclaimer: The reader holds full responsibility for any harm that may befall on the reader, others, or anybody's stuff as a result of following these directions in part or in full. Results are not guaranteed.

IOW, kids don't try this at home. ;)

---

Anyway, here are my easy, step-by-step instructions:

1. Find someone to drive you down the street when bugs are out. Late afternoon/dusk is a great time.

2. Roll down the window.

3. Accelerate to about 55 mph.

4. Stick your hand out the window as far as you can stretch, holding your hand flat perpendicular to the ground.

5. Watch out for sign posts

6. Ignore any small stinging sensations.

7. After 5 minutes, pull your hand back in.

8. Wipe/scrape insects/insect guts off of your hand and into a container for feeding to plants later on.

Good luck!

My results: 130+ bugs in 5 minutes. These insects are ideal for small plants and pings!

dsc012297ln.jpg

Oh wow... that is gross, but it looks to me like it delivers what it promises! I'll have to try that sometime. Or, convince someone else to try it for me...

-D. Lybrand

Your collection technique needs to go down in the "You know you are a CPer when" annals. Good one Noah!

Um.... I would have used a somewhat fine-meshed fishnet instead. Noah, are we just a little bored this summer?  
smile_n_32.gif

holy crap! I like sticking my hand out the window because it feels good, but I don't stick it too far out and don't get many bugs... it really sucks when a large fly or something smacks into your hand... eeewww

Sweet zombie Jesus! Boredome cure!!

Back