What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A couple of gals in premolt.

*Barracuda_45*

Norhtern Michigan Dragway Mama
Well a couple of my gals that are in premolt were out and about after i re-aranged and cleaned there tanks befour there molt. First up my pokie "India" Indian Ornamental P. Regalis, shes a whoping 11inches from tip of front toe to tip of back toe untill she molts, she just gets bigger and bigger each time, shes one of the worlds most beautiful tarantulas.
Her color is very dull just befour she molts like most Ts there color gets flunky looking. I got better pics of her i will post tomarrow.
tarantulas05fall4.jpg

tarantulas05fall.jpg

and this is my half grown Brazilian Black G. Pulchra "Black Satin Sassy" although when she is in premolt shes a nasty icky brownish color, after she molts she will once again be a beautiful velvety jet black. Here she is wandering around, thats fresh moss from my back yard i use for the T cages after it has soaked in boiling hot water to kill everything in it then i squeez it out and it works till spring it helps to retain moisture in the T tanks.
Shes like what did you do to my old house mom!! LOL!! She up graded from a 5gal to a 10gal.
tarantulas05fall2.jpg

"Hey looky me mom i can do push ups upside down." She was thinkin hmmmmmmm new lid must try it out.
c9597930.jpg

I got other pics of her to i can post as well as other Ts..
smile.gif

Oh.... this is the reptile, amphibian,... forum. I thought this was going to be about you and Presto. In the immortal words of the SNL character, "Never mind".      
smile_m_32.gif

Congratulations on the molting. For some reason, the last picture didn't show for me.

Jim, now remember this section says " Reptiles, Amphibians and other terrarium dwelling animals" Now this does include tarantulas.. LOL!!!
smile_m_32.gif
Hmmmmm wonder why ya couldnt get the last pic in it shows for me, photobucket better not be screwing around with my pics, never had any probs with them befour..
See if these come in and let me know, heres few other pics of "India" when not in premolt.
indiaupclose.jpg

Indi13.jpg

CopyofBI.jpg

this is her dark mode as to blend in with the outside tree background.
indiaout.jpg

and this was Black satin sassy when she was younger eating a wad of crix.
BSSassy.jpg

now befour i post the other Ts let me know if these pics do come in...
smilie4.gif

Maybe it was the home pc. All works now, while I take a few minutes break at work. They look great! At a tropical fish wholesaler I used to work for, we sold tarantulas - Red Leg and and something else.

The white one is really breath taking! just beautiful !

Congrats! :p

Love looking at these....don't think I could ever own one(a little too creepy for me, and my wife and two daughters would not go for it either, lol).

Cheers,

Joe

Beautiful, the indian ornamental is my favourite Tarantula
smile.gif

Beautiful spideys!!

Back