What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2 more leopard geckos from the show

elgecko

I've got a magic window!
Here are my 2 new additions to my Leopard Gecko family.

The first is a male that is a Double Het for Albino and Patternless.
133doubleHET11_5_05.jpg

The second lizard that I still can not believe that I spent the money on was a SHTCT (Super Hypo Tangerine Carrot Tail). Now I have to save up for a male.
133SHTCT_11_6_05.jpg

what, no frogs?
smile_n_32.gif
smile_m_32.gif

cool leos. i like the top one best. never really cared for the hypos

They're cute!

Thanks for the comments.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rattler_mt @ Nov. 05 2005,10:01)]what, no frogs?
smile_n_32.gif
smile_m_32.gif

cool leos. i like the top one best. never really cared for the hypos

I was looking at them for a while at the one vender that had a bunch of them. His prices seemed good to what I have seen them going for years ago. The average was $40.00 a frog.

Very nice lizards! Makes me want to get another leopard gecko...I miss Godzilla
smile_h_32.gif

Very pretty lizards! I like the coloring on both. They are both quite attractive.

Is there any purpose to the tail starting out thin, getting thicker in the middle and then thinner?

Hehe...kinda reminds me of Ann Elk of Monty Python:

"The brontosaurus...it is thin at one end, much much thicker in the middle...and then thin again at the far end."
laugh.gif

PAK, leopard geckos store fat in their tail. they are a desert species. those pics there are what a healthy leopard gecks tail looks like. its normal. you should watch them eat, the tip of their tail start wiggling really fast before the strike at a cricket or mealworm. if youve never seen it before its absolutly hilarious.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]you should watch them eat, the tip of their tail start wiggling really fast before the strike at a cricket or mealworm. if youve never seen it before its absolutly hilarious.

Hahaha, I remember that! When I had Godzilla (R.I.P. little guy) I would always get a kick out of watching him hunt down a cricket. His eyes would get all wide and like you said, his tail would wiggle really fast before he struck. So cute
biggrin.gif

What is even funnier is when lizard #1 is about to get it's meal, wiggling it's tail, and lizard #2 bites lizards #1 tail.
smile_k_ani_32.gif

LMAO

Back