Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Black Satin Sassy"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3rd times a charm...
    \"Anyway, no drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power.\"
    --P. J. O'Rourke
    GL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ya haha [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Norhtern Michigan Dragway Mama *Barracuda_45*'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First off very pretty rosey, second Ts dont have to have a small abdomen to be a male, third it never should have been kept on sand. Was it wild caught by any chance? or captive born? By any chance did it make any real heavy webbing after its last molt? How was it acting befour it passed away?? Just curious. I have been working with and keeping Ts for more than 35yrs.. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]
    Hey buddy wana run, LETS GO!
    Northern Michigan All Car Drag Team *PRESIDENT*
    Red Hot Cherry's "NEW" PB 8.741 GO CHERRY! & "5" 1st place trophy wins 9 sec class.
    www.nmacdt.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great pictures Tracey! Very gross and cool at the same time [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/cool.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    *Barracuda_45*, doesn't your tarantula eat her exoskeleton after she sheds to help harden the new one? I have a female crayfish, and she eats her exoskeleton (except for the claws) after she molts.

-Ben
    He who can, does. He who can't, teaches. -George Bernard Shaw
    I love these shirts!!!
    My Growlist
    My Webpage

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok rosey wasnt always kept on sand about a year ago i switched. she was on orchid bark... was sand bad?? i bought her about 4 years ago from a local petstore so i dont know her origins. she made heavy webbing before she last molted(as seen in the picture) and i just kept it in there. she was acting VERY wiered. from the time she molted that one time till the one she died [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_h_32.gif[/img] she ate very seldomly about once every 2 months even when food was supplied... she was even afraid of her favorite food pinkeys. she wouldnt even go near them. Oh i always kept her water dish full too
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Norhtern Michigan Dragway Mama *Barracuda_45*'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Drosera36 @ Jan. 17 2006,2:39)]*Barracuda_45*, doesn't your tarantula eat her exoskeleton after she sheds to help harden the new one? I have a female crayfish, and she eats her exoskeleton (except for the claws) after she molts.

-Ben
    Drosera36, no my Ts dont eat there exo, sometimes Ts will wad them up so bad ya cant tell what it was other than a ball of tore up exo, most the time though i get it out of there enclosure right away if i am right there when they molt, most Ts will kick it to the side.

Thats ok glider14, alot of T owners dont know whats best for there T to be on as far as substarte goes. She should have been on peatmoss mix with some vermiculite or you can use those bricks of bed a beast, or cocofiber moistend. Roseys like it alittle on the drier side. If she came from a pet shop more than likely she was WC=wild caught. As for feeding pinkies alot of people had great probs with pinkies and crix that they got from pet shops or bait stores a few yrs back where after feeding for so long there T would act strange and pass away for no reason, i and few others had discoverd that the pinkies were not only kept on cedar bedding but the shop owners or employies had been treating there mice and rats for mites with chemicals and that had gotting on the pinkies skin and then in turn people were feeding there Ts those pinkies and the chemicals where slowly killing there Ts, with crix they were using cedar or even pine for bedding for them and the oils were getting on the crix and in turn owners were using them and same thing the Ts were slowly being poisioned. It pays to raise your own feeders as you know they are safe and what they have been raised on. There are also parasites that come in with WC Ts alot of times the owner never knows till one day they find there T dead for no reason and they might find a grub like parasite in the T enclosure that had grown and been eating the inside of the T. Alot of that was happening with Ts about 3 yrs ago it was very bad alot of owners had lost there expensive much loved pet T's...
    Hey buddy wana run, LETS GO!
    Northern Michigan All Car Drag Team *PRESIDENT*
    Red Hot Cherry's "NEW" PB 8.741 GO CHERRY! & "5" 1st place trophy wins 9 sec class.
    www.nmacdt.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AHHH SO MY PETSHOP KILLED MY TARANTULA!!!!!!!!!!!!! well that why i swiched bedding to sand it was drier. well when she died i had more room for plants and my sugar glider. so it wasnt a complete loss

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12